Candice at The Grown Up YA is hosting the second book, If I Stay. Here are the questions for week 1, pages 1-62.
1. What was your initial reaction to the accident? Did you have an OMG moment?
Obviously, since this is a re-read for me, I knew about the accident, and I don’t really remember my reaction the first time around. However, this time around, I was really surprised at how fast it happened, though I suppose that’s pretty realistic. It was definitely horrifying, though, especially when she found her father. *gag*
2. Adam and Mia are about as opposite as can be. Based on what you’ve read so far, what do you feel makes them such an intense couple?
I actually think that Adam and Mia are very similar in their passion for music, but that they just express it differently. Sometimes, though, I think differences are what make the couple, as they can really appreciate or sometimes even envy what they see in the other person but lack themselves.
3. Mia is watching what is happening to her in the hospital. How do you think she is handling it? Do you think her reactions to everything is natural or is it something else?
I actually think she’s handling it pretty well, all things considering. She seems to have almost a detached air, like it isn’t really happening to her. I don’t know whether this is natural, since I’ve never experienced this situation, obviously. However, I’d say since you usually can’t really see yourself as a third party, it probably makes sense that it doesn’t feel like she’s really seeing herself, like it’s someone else.
4. We’re introduced to Mia’s family before and after the accident, who is a group of varied individuals. Have you developed a favorite yet? If so, why? What makes that person special to you?
I don’t think we’ve really seen enough of Mia’s family so far to develop a favorite, but I really like her grandfather so far. This is probably because I haven’t seen a lot of grandfather/granddaughter relationships in books. Usually the relationship is same sex, unless it’s a father/daughter. Grandfathers obviously have a different dynamic than fathers. I also think that her parents are really cool, but as a parent, I certainly can’t imagine ever being that lenient with my children! lol
5. We ended this week’s reading on one of the sexiest scenes ever. What was your reaction to this? Cigarette? Cold shower? Sneaking ahead to read more?
I didn’t really have much of a reaction to the sexy scene. Maybe it’s because I have a really poor imagination and couldn’t really picture it? I got that it was sexy but it didn’t really strike me as much as so. I was reading on a kindle and slightly confused at the stopping point, though, so I guess I did technically read a little further ahead.