Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.
Wow. When I did this topic last year, I had read over 70 books but only 27 different authors, 22 of which were new to me. As of now, I have read 111 books from 64 different authors, 53 of which are new to me. That makes this list that much harder! So, how did I decide? I did it very scientifically. I averaged my star ratings for each author, and the highest 10 made the list! (I don’t have an accounting degree for nothing! lol) Authors’ names link to their Goodreads pages.
Top Authors I’ve Read 1 Book By
1. Amy Tintera: Amy Tintera is the author of Reboot, and I absolutely loved it! I was super excited to get approved for it on Edelweiss, and I rated it 5 stars. I can’t wait for the sequel next year!
2. Lauren Miller: Her book, Parallel, was one of the biggest surprises for me this year. It introduced me, and got me started on my love for, parallel universes/alternate realities books! I can’t wait to read more by her.
3. Lauren Oliver: I’ve heard of her for a while and even had Delirium on my kindle for close to year, but it was the audio book of Before I Fall that I finally read and loved. I gave it 5 stars! Some people say it was a little repetitive, but I found it similar to an alternate realities book, so I loved it!
4. Kasie West: Pivot Point was so, so good! I had wanted to read it for a long time, and when I finally got a chance, I was not disappointed! I thought this one was really, really well done, and I can’t wait for the sequel! Another 5 star!
Top Authors I’ve Read 2 or More Books By
5. Laini Taylor: I thought Daughter of Smoke & Bone sounded weird, but a ton of people loved it, and it was available in audio from my library, so I checked it out! OMG, I loved this book! I even rejoined Audible just so I could get the audio version of the sequel! Out of her 2 books, I gave them an average -rating of 4.75 stars!
6. David Estes: I joined David Estes’ fan group on Goodreads, and he is such a great guy, so when I got the chance to read and review The Moon Dwellers, I jumped at it. I think I gave it 4.5 stars, but then I procrastinated a lot on his other books. I’ve since read the next 2 books, but I still have a lot more to read! I gave his 3 books an average rating of 4.5 stars!
7. Tahereh Mafi: I love Tahereh Mafi. I actually got to meet her at a signing, and if you watch any interviews with her, she’s just great. She just has this way of saying things that is so humorous! I thought Shatter Me was pretty good (though I hated the audio book), and Unravel Me was even better. I’m so looking forward to the rest of this series! So far, I’ve given her an average rating of 4.33 stars.
8. K.A. Tucker: K.A. Tucker is the author of the Ten Tiny Breaths series and was my first foray into the New Adult genre. I read Ten Tiny Breaths after seeing it around a lot and getting it on Netgalley. It was so good, and I am so sucked into this world and her characters! Of the 3 books of hers I’ve read, she’s gotten an average of 4.33 stars!
9. Katie McGarry: I bought Pushing the Limits when it was on sale, and I read it after I got Dare You To from Netgalley. Katie McGarry officially made me a contemporary fan. Before Pushing the Limits, I didn’t really like contemporary; I thought it was boring. But she has since changed my mind. Her latest book, Crash Into You, has one of the best book boyfriends ever! So far, I’ve given her an average rating of 4.5 stars!
10. Cynthia Hand: I read Cynthia Hand’s Unearthly series right at the beginning of this year, and it definitely started my reading year off with a bang! I gave that series an average 4.5 stars, and it was just everything I love about paranormals. It also had probably the best handled love triangle I have ever seen, and I was completely thrilled and heartbroken at its conclusion!
Tagged: Top Ten Tuesday