Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.
This week’s topic for Top Ten Tuesday is Top Ten Books I Read in 2013. I’m going to wing it as I go, so I’m not sure what to expect. I feel like it’s going to be a hard one, narrowing it down to just 10 books, but maybe it won’t be? I’m going to try to limit it to 1 book per author, but definitely only 1 book per series. According to Goodreads, I rated 29 books 5 stars (I rounded 4.5 stars from here up to 5 on there), and 7 of those were rereads, so picking 10 out of 22 shouldn’t be too hard, right? So, in no particular order…
(Titles link to my review.)
- Boundless by Cynthia Hand – I think this was the most perfect ending to a series I’ve ever read, and as the Unearthly series was the first angel series I’ve ever read, I think it’s going to ruin all other angel books for me! lol
- Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi – After Shatter Me, I wasn’t sure what to expect, but I loved Unravel Me, and I can’t wait for Ignite Me!
- Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry – This book really surprised me. I’m not usually a contemporary fan, but I just really connected with Echo and Noah.
- Ten Tiny Breaths by K.A. Tucker – This was my first foray into New Adult, and I loved it! My heart broke into a million little pieces but then was put back together in one of the greatest stories I’ve ever read.
- The Other Fish in the Sea by Jenn Cooksey – I loved Shark Bait last year (and when I reread it), but I liked The Other Fish in the Sea even better. It had all the humor (and then some) that I loved from Shark Bait, but also went a bit deeper. And that ending? Insane!
- With All My Soul by Rachel Vincent – Okay, this might be tied with Boundless. I loved the Soul Screamers series, but I couldn’t figure out how it could possibly end, but luckily, Rachel Vincent did, and she ended it perfectly.
- Pivot Point by Kasie West – I got really into alternate realities books this year, and Pivot Point was one that was done extremely well. One of my favorite parts was when we’d see the same scene from both angles. So good, and I’m anxious for the sequel!
- Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor – This was a book that really surprised me. The description didn’t seem that impressive, but the story sucked me in. I listened on audio, and I loved it even more. Khristine Hvam does one of (if not the) best narrations I’ve ever heard!
- Parallel by Lauren Miller – This is contemporary with a sci-fi twist, with the parallel universe. But I found myself feverishly flipping pages because I had to know how each decision would or would not affect the future. So good!
- Reboot by Amy Tintera – I loved Reboot. I loved he whole idea of it anyway, but I really enjoyed reading Wren’s story. This is another sequel I’m anxious for!
Tagged: Top Ten Tuesday