Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.
This week’s topic for Top Ten Goals/Resolutions for 2014. I feel like I pretty much covered these in my 2013 Year-End Stats and Goals for 2014 post and my 2014 Reading Challenges/Goals page, but let’s see if I can think of a couple different ones and/or prioritize my top ten.
- Request less books from Netgalley and Edelweiss. Last year saw my first approvals on these sites, so I went a little crazy requesting. I didn’t enjoy half the books I requested so I want to only request books I’m excited about. Also, that will reduce the pressure I feel to read certain books at certain times.
- Read more of what I want to read. With being active in the book blogging community, I sometimes feel immense pressure to read the newest or more popular books. I want to worry less about what others are reading and just read what I want, even if it’s old!
- Buy less books. This one kills me, but I’ve probably bought a good 70ish books in the last year because of all the sales, and I’ve barely read any of them. Obviously I’ll still buy some new releases, but I want to be pickier about what I buy, and not buy books just because they’re on sale.
- Read at least 30 of the books I’ve bought. I talked a little about this in #3, but I really need to read some of the books I’ve bought. A lot of the books that I bought were ones that I’ve really wanted to read and just keep pushing aside, so it’s time to prioritize them!
- Try not to stress if I don’t get two reviews every week. I was doing 3, but since I introduced Book-to-Movie Fridays, I’ve been doing 2 book reviews and 1 movie (based on a book) review each week. Last year, I put a lot of pressure on myself to keep my schedule, and it put a damper on my reading. I need to remember that all my readers aren’t going to disappear if I have a slow week.
- Exercise more. I have plenty of audio books to keep me company while I exercise, so I need to get off my butt and do it.
- Reread some of my favorites. There are some series I’ve been wanting to reread that I’ve put off because of wanting to keep my blog active. This kind of goes along with #2, but I feel it’s something worth remembering.
- Grow my Book-to-Movie Fridays feature. It’s something that I find interesting, and I think it would be really cool to have other people participate.
- Finally read Tiger Lily. I’ve heard wonderful things about this book, and I’ve had it for months, so I don’t know what my problem is.
- Keep my blog up-to-date. If I’m behind in my reading, it’s okay if I don’t have a post, but it annoys me to no end when the only reason there isn’t a post on my blog is because I was too lazy to write it. I want to make sure it’s as up-to-date as possible!
Tagged: Top Ten Tuesday