Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.
This week’s topic for Top Ten Tuesday was a choice between Top Ten Worlds I’d Never Want to Live In or Top Ten Characters I’d Never Want to Trade Places With, and I chose the latter. There are a lot of worlds I would love to live in (Hogwarts, for example), but definitely some characters within those worlds that I wouldn’t want to be. I’m thinking this topic is going to be hard to narrow down, though, because I probably wouldn’t want to be the main character in just about any dystopian, paranormal, or fantasy novel! lol
- Harry Potter (Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling): Reading the Harry Potter books or watching the movies, they’re not really that scary, but come on, being Harry Potter has got to be one of the scariest things ever. He has the most powerful and evil dark wizard of all time trying to kill him, along with all of his supporters trying to attack him? If you’re fighting for your life on a daily basis, it cannot be fun!
- Bella Swan (Twilight by Stephenie Meyer): She has a scary life, similar to Harry Potter. You know how I know this? I’ve actually dreamed myself into both Harry’s and Bella’s positions, and they were scary dreams! lol Bella is a pretty mediocre human being in a world full of supernatural beings, and she spends the first three books of the series with one vampire or another trying to kill her. Tell me that isn’t scary! Now, once we get to the second half of Breaking Dawn, I probably wouldn’t mind being her, but that’s a different story.
- Kaylee Cavanaugh (Soul Screamers by Rachel Vincent): Aside from the fact that she knows when people around her are going to die and then screams bloody murder and can’t stop, Avari is scary as hell. Seriously, this is one series that actually had me stressed while reading it, can you imagine living it?
- Zoey Redbird (House of Night by P.C. & Kristin Cast): Zoey is actually pretty kick-ass. She starts off as kind of whiny but grows throughout the series into probably the strongest, most powerful fledgling ever, but with Neferet trying to kill her pretty much on a daily basis, her friends dying, and the possibility of rejecting the Change and dying herself, her life can’t be easy.
- Katniss Everdeen (The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins): Well, she’s practically starving and has to hunt on a daily basis, but once she’s in the actual games? I think I’d be dead within seconds. I’m not a runner, a fighter, a hider, or an outdoors person, so I wouldn’t make it.
- Tris Prior (Divergent by Veronica Roth): I wouldn’t mind actually being Tris because she’s about as kick-ass as you can get, but to trade places with her? I wouldn’t make it. I don’t think I could survive Dauntless initiation at all!
- Alina Starkov (The Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo): She’s another with really cool powers, but the Darkling and the Shadow Fold are some really scary stuff!
- Mia Hall (If I Stay by Gayle Forman): Not only is she in a horrific car accident and fighting for her life, but she has to decide whether to die or to stay in a world where her entire family has died. Oh, and when she’s walking around the scene of the accident in her disembodied form? Not something I’d ever want to see!
- Abby Barnes (Parallel): Parallel was one of my favorite books last year, but while it was a great read, I would hate to actually be Abby Barnes. Can you imagine waking up tomorrow in a different life with no recollection of it? Everyone seems to know you but yourself? That just sounds too stressful for me!
- Allison Sekemoto (Blood of Eden by Julie Kagawa): Even before turning into a vampire and having people trying to kill her, (Seriously, I would not want to be a vampire!) Allison lived in an extremely scary world, and while it’s fun to read about, I would never want to live there!
I’m sure this list could go on and on forever and ever, but there’s my 10 I came up with! What are yours?