Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.
This week’s topic for Top Ten Tuesday is Top Ten Books That Will Make You Cry. However, I don’t know you all that well. I don’t know how easily you cry, whether at the drop of a hat (like me) or only at really intense scenes. Sometimes I think something will make someone cry for sure, and they don’t, really surprising me! So instead I’m going to make this Top Ten Books That Made Me Cry!
- My Sister’s Keeper by Jodi Picoult: I think this was the first book that I read that made me actually sob. I won’t spoil it if you haven’t read it, but it was definitely a tearjerker!
- Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling: This is probably my #1 because I have read this series multiple times and still cry each and every time. I also couldn’t narrow it down to just one book because most of them make me cry. Sorcerer’s Stone and Deathly Hallows give me happy tears. Goblet of Fire, Order of the Phoenix, Half-Blood Prince, and Deathly Hallows also break my heart and make cry. These books are so full of emotion, it really surprises me!
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green: Almost everyone who reads this cries, so if you’ve read it, you know why! This book had me going from laughing to crying very quickly!
- Boundless by Cynthia Hand: God, I loved this book. It may have been my favorite of last year. The ending is so very intense that I couldn’t help but shed a few tears. (I think Hallowed made me cry a little, too.)
- Sever by Lauren DeStefano: This one making the list isn’t a huge surprise, since I read the series after reading a bunch of angry tweets, but this is one of the first books I remember making me cry so hard I couldn’t even read through my tears! It really surprises me, too, because thinking back, it wasn’t that sad of a situation, but the way it was written just broke my heart!
- Ten Tiny Breaths by K.A. Tucker: Ten Tiny Breaths was my first foray into the New Adult genre, and it was emotional! Kacey is so damaged and broken, and her emotions are just so raw, that I really felt her pain and sobbed!
- Crash Into You by Katie McGarry: I already loved Isaiah from the first two books in the Pushing the Limits series, so when I got to read his story, I was completely invested. There’s a certain scene at the end that just broke my heart for him, and it definitely brought tears to my eyes!
- Allegiant by Veronica Roth: The ending of this was just emotionally crippling, but in retrospect, it was pretty brilliant.
- The Sun Dwellers by David Estes: There’s a scene where one of my favorite characters dies (or appears to), and it was so upsetting! I think I even angry-tweeted David Estes because of it! I was definitely crying hard.
- Maybe One Day by Melissa Kantor: This book is similar to The Fault in Our Stars, though focusing on a friendship, rather than a romantic relationship, and the narrator is the friend, not the one with cancer. It was heartbreaking!
Tagged: Top Ten Tuesday